Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Why programs are always conducted in Maryland?
Though the address is Maryland, our programs are mostly in Bethesda which is bordering with Virginia. When we come into Virginia (which is Fairfax county), the availability of venue and the fees including liability insurance are higher than Montgomery county. And also, as Bethesda is just on the I-495 beltway, it is the center point for all of us and easily/quickly accessible.
2. What is the duration of the annual membership?
Annual memberships are for calendar year (from Jan 1st to Dec 31st)
3. How to upload my child’s performance video at the Tamil Sangam’s event into Tamil Sangam’s website?
Please upload the video in youtube and share the link with us. We will add it to our previous events page
4. How to register my child to perform at the cultural programs?
Look for email newsletters from the Tamil Sangam which will have the event information and the registration form and guidelines. If you are not receiving emails, please contact one of us
5. My child is learning Tamil at a local Tamil School? Should I become a member of the Tamil Sangam?
Yes. Though Tamil Schools and Tamil Sangam work with each other, they are actually different registered organizations. A separate membership with Tamil Sangam is required to enjoy the benefits listed in our ‘Membership’ section
6. Can a non-Tamil family attend the functions and their child perform in the cultural programs?
Yes. They have to pay the non-member fee like any other non-member Tamil family to participate/perform in our functions
7. Can I get a receipt for my membership fee and/or donation to Tamil Sangam?
Yes, receipts are available upon request. If you want we can email it to you.
Note: Fees paid online will be issued an e-receipt